Skip to main content

Without music life would be an error

As people around me have been working on their thesis papers pretty much since the beginning of September, they finally managed to freak me out, the previous week, all the free time I had, I was in the library working on my projects. 

This semester in school is my last, and so far I'm pretty happy with all my classes and seminars, especially the class about international human rights. Oh, and I won a war yesterday, got the permission to OFFICIALLY take the spanish class.

Last week on Valentine's Day we went sledging with Keiu and Ingrid, the old-school sledging, then to Skypark to jump on trampolines, practice some flips, do sumo, run around kids playgrounds, play some basketball and whatsoever and ended the day with delicious pub-food and hookah.




Movie minutes: 
 "Liberal Arts" . Been wanting to see it, and loved it! About hopes and dreams and getting by. Not typical hollywoodish, but digs deeper. Had a very likable cast, intelligent script, the references about books and music, beautiful dialogues, witty dialogues.. It's surprising at times, not very predictable, fast moving, I do think I don't have anything bad to say about it. 

"Don't be a genius who dies young. Be one who dies old. Being old is cool. Grow old, and die old. It's a better arc."
"I believe in consequences."
"No, you believe in guilt." 
"Maybe. But guilt before we act is called morality."
"You're a snob, you think it's cool to hate things. And it's not. It's boring. Talk about what you love and keep quiet about what you don't."

Sunday evening continued our cinema tradition with mom. "The sessions". It's on the oscars-list as well. A bittersweet, emotional, unusual and inspiring movie, based on true events, which makes it not expectable at all.

"Are you religious?" 
"Yes, I need someone to hate and blame for my problems"

 Fun became the best new artist in the 2013 Grammys showcase and their song "we are young" is the record of the year. This song will always have a special place in my heart, so many memories!



PS! "The Killers" is coming to Riga, Latvia this summer, bought the tickets yesterday, can't believe I'm gonna see one of my favorite bands in live!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ibiza, Spain

 June 2023 Last time we were on a work-trip to Brussels, decided to take advantage of cheap Ryanair mid-Europe flights and flew to Ibiza for a long weekend. Had been wanting to check this party-hub out for some time. It's dreamy, gorgeous, vibrant, fun and quite expensive. So, in my opinion, a long weekend is exactly a right amount of time to be spent there!

Pinkpop - Megaland, Landgraaf, NL

  June 2023 How transport failed us completely, but the festival was absolutely amazing! Flixbus 2: us 0.

USA vol 1: Chicago, Michigan City

September 2023.