Skip to main content

Late night rambling


"It is redundant to ask from a person who has studied or worked abroad, why did he/she do that. It's like asking why does one read books or love theatre. The feeling of breathing the air abroad is the same - impossible to describe. Even less possible is to open up the essence of that completely new person that one who has lived abroad sooner or later discovers within him/herself." - from a book "My Spain" by A-M Penu.

Went to the cinema to see "Jobs". The movie is jumpy and definitely not thorough enough when it comes to the storyline, but in my opinion it receives way too much hate. I've been reading the comments, half of the haters dislike Apple computers or Steve Jobs not the movie itself. The movie is simply portraying things. It's not close to being a masterpiece or anything but I would still recommend it and do think Ashton Kutcher did a good job as Jobs. 

Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do. - Apple Inc.

Also watched "The Girl". A friend of mine recommended the movie a while ago. As the title is so lame I didn't have any expectations before I watched it last night. Abbie Cornish plays her part wonderfully. It is a movie about immigration, and has a sweet and touching story to tell. What is more, half of the movie is in spanish, I deliberately didn't download the subtitles and understood pretty much all of it, so I'm very pleased with myself.

It's getting late.. Clues that I should go to bed instantly:
1. washed my teeth, same time loosened my hair from a pony tail, left the hair tie next to the sink and brought a toothbrush to my room and didn't notice it before trying to place it in a jewelry box.
2. went to get a glass of water, put water into the class, poured it out, and took an empty glass to my room.
3. wanted to put some stuff from the kitchen to the fridge, somehow my phone ended up in the fridge.

Remembered a funny story! If you need more proof that Estonia is Narnia.. When I was coming back to Estonia from New York this August, my first flight was not from the international airport JFK, but from La Guardia, U.S national airport, to Philly. I still had to get tickets to my connecting flight from Philly to Germany as well. So, to check in, he of course had to type in my nationality, which happened to be a problem. "Estonia, what is this??" I said it's a country in Europe. "You mean it's a city in Germany?" I explained more, where and what it is, he was still really confused and said he cannot check me in. We went to another booth together, where I could help him enter the data. So, although he could improve his geographic knowledge, it was not entirely his fault. Their systems actually didn't recognize Estonia as a country in Europe. The system had divided the world to North-America, South-America, Middle-East, Asia, Europe, Africa, Oceania and "Other". We finally found Estonia under this "other" category. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ibiza, Spain

 June 2023 Last time we were on a work-trip to Brussels, decided to take advantage of cheap Ryanair mid-Europe flights and flew to Ibiza for a long weekend. Had been wanting to check this party-hub out for some time. It's dreamy, gorgeous, vibrant, fun and quite expensive. So, in my opinion, a long weekend is exactly a right amount of time to be spent there!

Pinkpop - Megaland, Landgraaf, NL

  June 2023 How transport failed us completely, but the festival was absolutely amazing! Flixbus 2: us 0.

USA vol 1: Chicago, Michigan City

September 2023.