Skip to main content

Bits and pieces


Sophie always does that! At least she is the cutest possible living little alarm-clock. Once she actually started barking at nothing at 7.11 am, my clock was supposed to go off 7.10 but I had forgot to set it, so she saved the day and didn't let me be late to work.


A lovely ladies night at a "Radio 2 live" 


Why I absolutely adore january/february?? OSCARS! So many great movies and so few time to watch them all. Done a pretty good job tho already.

"Boyhood" - at first the 2 hours and 45 minutes seemed impossibly long and then it was gone just like that. Every minute of the movie was necessary. Such a human, simple, relatable, down to earth tale. 

"Whiplash" - I adore music so I adored the movie too. Crazy intense, possessing, unexpectable movie. And so much respect for Miles Teller! Especially for playing himself.

"Still Alice" - sad, depressing. Saying it was a "good" movie doesn't sound right, but it's a deeply emotional one.

"Gone Girl" - visually stunning, but a tense screenplay and thrilling plot as well! For me, the unacceptably unfair ending made it especially good! 

"Two days, one night" - I was just going to watch it as a time-passer before falling asleep, ended up going to sleep much later. Surprisingly good for not much action. Marion Cotillard sure deserves the nomination. Again such a realistic one. Really makes you think, what would you actually do in the situation. I think it's just not in human nature do give up things like a 1000 bonus, no matter who gets hurt in the process. I'd really like to think, there are people like the 8 in the movie who were willing to and even more I'd like to think I'd be that person too.

"Into the Woods" - that's not exactly my cup of tea, but the songs were fun and Meryl Streep is amazing in every role. 

"The Theory of Everthing" - M A G I C A L ! "While there is life, there is hope!"

"Tangerines" - ESTONIA  GOT  A  NOMINATION! I'm happy. It's a huge recognition. An anti-war, pro-humanity kinda movie. A very much needed thought in todays situation. It's worthy of a nomination and has a fresh outlook, good actors and a plot with a point.

8 more on my "To Watch" list.

Mini vs not so Mini! I think me and Keiu have a tiny bit different taste in cars :D


There is a "Cat Cafe" in Tallinn with actual live-in cats in it. Adorable little creatures who need a home. Entrance to the cafe is 5 dollars, but hey, it's for the cats! And the coffee is great and their cakes are best ever. I didn't eat there as we were heading to dance practice, but I tasted Grete's Pavlova and ended up ordering a couple to go. They don't actually offer cakes to go but a very friendly staff member looked for a box to fit the cakes into and I got my order! PS: you can also adopt one of the cats from there!! Kassikohvik Nurri


Estonia has a bunch of weird holidays. This one is a one where you eat pea-soup, go sledging and for dessert have these delicious pies. Recently found out some other countries celebrate it and call it "Fat Tuesday". Very accurate, as I cannot stop eating these pies!


Ed Sheeran came to Tallinn! I adore him and he didn't disappoint, the concert was lovely, but it lacked the magic I witnessed a few months ago from One Republic. And as a music lover I have witnessed so many amazing concerts, starting with Passanger at Bluesfest 2014 in Australia, the whole festival was pure heaven, but this guy's gig was just a cherry on top. And The Lumineers, British India, Busby Marou, Better than the Wizards.. I think I'm missing Australia!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ibiza, Spain

 June 2023 Last time we were on a work-trip to Brussels, decided to take advantage of cheap Ryanair mid-Europe flights and flew to Ibiza for a long weekend. Had been wanting to check this party-hub out for some time. It's dreamy, gorgeous, vibrant, fun and quite expensive. So, in my opinion, a long weekend is exactly a right amount of time to be spent there!

Pinkpop - Megaland, Landgraaf, NL

  June 2023 How transport failed us completely, but the festival was absolutely amazing! Flixbus 2: us 0.

USA vol 1: Chicago, Michigan City

September 2023.