Skip to main content

NYC vol1: Empire state of mind

Back in NY!

Straight form Croatia, flew to New York via Frankfurt. 

last day in Croatia was the hottest. +40 sth degrees in shade and what it felt like +60 in the sun. One of the locals, Andrea invited us to her cousins restaurant to celebrate last night. The food... was the most delicious food I've had in ages.... Steak with salty crispy fries, zucchini and mushrooms and gnocchi. Also sat for a little in The Garden Lounge, which is in the top 10 places of Zadar, and really is an extra comfy and nice outdoor lounge.

The flight here was extremely long, and one would think a person who has been sleeping 2-4 hours a day for a couple of weeks before would take the possibility to sleep, well no. No sleep at all during a 9 hour flight. So, I kept watching movies. At least US Airlines had an awesome selection. I found quite some movies that I've been meaning to watch.

Firstly, "Admission". An entertaining, sweet chick flick with Tina Fey and Paul Rudd. 

Secondly "The Words". I have had this movie for ages and  I knew it's gonna be great. It's a story within a story within a story. I forgot if I was reading a book myself or watching a movie. Bradley Cooper, Zoe Saldana, Jeremy Irons, Dennis Quaid. It has a lot of twists, is not predictable and has great intelligent dialogues. Definitely not all will like it, but in my opinion, it is different, realistic and worth the watch! 

Lastly, "Won't back down". Maggie Gyllenhaal and Viola Davies. I think the movie is underrated. It's full on passion and motivation. About making a difference. I'm a sucker for these kinda movies, so I enjoyed it.

Also, wanna recommend a book "House Rules" by Jodi Picoult. It's a page-turner. I couldn't put it down.

Yesterday, went to "America's got talent" live recording in Radio City Hall. It was free to request the ticket. As we were all dressed up, got the best seats right behind the judges. It was a lot of fun and nice performances by Brad Paisley and Robin Thicke.

After the show tried new famous cart food by Halal Guys. Yum!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ibiza, Spain

 June 2023 Last time we were on a work-trip to Brussels, decided to take advantage of cheap Ryanair mid-Europe flights and flew to Ibiza for a long weekend. Had been wanting to check this party-hub out for some time. It's dreamy, gorgeous, vibrant, fun and quite expensive. So, in my opinion, a long weekend is exactly a right amount of time to be spent there!

Pinkpop - Megaland, Landgraaf, NL

  June 2023 How transport failed us completely, but the festival was absolutely amazing! Flixbus 2: us 0.

USA vol 1: Chicago, Michigan City

September 2023.